PHP 5.5 added to the NTC Hosting Control Panel
We have extended the list of PHP version options in the NTC Hosting Control Panel by adding the latest stable release – PHP 5.5.
Here is a list of the new features offered by PHP 5.5:
– generators and co-routines;
– the ‘finally’ keyword;
– a simplified password hashing API;
– support for constant array/string dereferencing;
– scalar class name resolution via ::class;
– support for using empty() on the result of function calls and other expressions;
– support for non-scalar Iterator keys in foreach;
– support for list() constructs in foreach statements;
– the Zend OPcache extension for opcode caching;
– the GD library has been upgraded to version 2.1, adding new functions and improving existing functionalitIies;
You can find a list of the PHP 5.5 improvements on the official site.
Before upgrading to the new version, please keep in mind that there have been changes to the pack() and unpack() functions, case insensitivity is no longer locale specific and PHP is no longer compatible with Windows XP and Windows 2003.
You can see more information about PHP 5.5′s backwards compatibility here.
Tags: PHP hosting